Thursday, August 25, 2011

An Authentic Reply To An Audacious Question Re: STs 'Best Of' Contest!

Following are two emails I've received from members of our community; the first is in reply to the one that follows it... I will let both speak for themselves. And, I encourage all Sunland Tujungans to vote in the up-coming Best of Sunland Tujunga Contest! As you can see, it's competitive...
The following e-mail is printed with permission: [Also Note: Joe Barrett can't get his own material so he cuts and pastes mine...including the edits, LOL]

From: Tomi Lyn Bowling
To: DOC <editor@THEFOOTHILLSPAPER.COM>
Cc: Terre Ashmore, Jeremy Oberstein, Joseph Mailander
Subject: Re: Upcoming "best of S-T" voting
Date: Aug 25, 2011 3:27 PM
Hi Doc,

I'm not sure why I am wasting my time, again, trying to talk to you.  You'll twist it, ignore it, and lie about it. I assure you that all Catholics don't know each other, nor do any other religious group all know each other.  Please see list below for specifics on every winner and whom I knew.

First of all there have been no failures.  The contest is one of the best outreach events of the STNC for the three years running.  Your effort to CHEAT the system by filling in the ballots with your name and the paper's name and telling people "sign here" is the only failure. I didn't challenge you publicly or accuse you of doing what you actually did do - cheat. I tried to take responsibility, make peace with you for everyone else's benefit, and move on.  You cannot seem to let it go.  You tried to cheat and then had the audacity to tell everyone in the community via your paper that I was a liar, and a cheat because I did not allow your cheating. 

Copies of your falsified ballots have been attached here so all can see the effort you made.  Cindy and Mark do not call the shots and never have. But you'll just keep saying that and anything else that comes into your head no matter if it's a lie, twisted or whatever so it's pointless to say it.

You'll be happy to know that the contest is only being done electronically, one vote per server, and is now under the leadership of David Cain, the VP for Outreach as this is an Outreach event. Please direct your concerns for the 2011 contest to him. 

You seem to have very specific viewpoints on who should win so why don't you do what other papers do: The Foothills Paper's Best of Awards.  You can just choose them yourself! I think that is a super idea! No reason why there should be only one contest, most communities have several.

Regards our ad & my writing, well we had advertised for a few months but as you recall my doing so was based on your continued effort to work with the community and not be constantly attacking them in the paper which is such a waste of time and energy.  You did not maintain that for long at all. On top of that the ad was such poor quality, we even complained, but the trashed ad remained. Finally after a repeated complaint the bill was canceled.  It seemed that you were purposely trashing my ad and that made it clear you were still mad and, as above, you concurrently continued attacking other members of the community in the paper anyway so despite your claim, you have not lived up to the bargain and continued attacking STNC and the Chamber.

Thank you for this email which proves the point that you are attempting black mail.  As long as I advertise in your paper and write for you there will be peace but if I don't you'll continue attacking me in the paper. At this point there are very few in the community who are not fully aware that when I advertise you are nice but when I don't you attack me in any way possible, even making things up as you go.

That and your earlier threats have all been duly noted and forwarded to the appropriate authorities.

Here are the awardees of 2010 and whom I knew and how (and none of this has anything to do with my religion though you'll spin some nonsense anyway):
* BEST OF SUNLAND TUJUNGA 2010
* BEST RESTAURANT:
JOSELITOS WEST   - I do not know them.
* BEST PERSONAL SERVICE:
 IMAGE WEST   - I do not know them.
* BEST FAST FOOD:
 IN & OUT BURGERS Tujunga  - I do not know them.
* BEST FOOD DELIVERY:
 DOMINO'S PIZZA-Tujunga   - I do not know them.
* BEST OVERALL BUSINESS:
 DO IT CENTER   - I have met the manager from the No2HD days.
* BEST STOREFRONT:
 KATHY'S KREATIONS  - I know of Kathy, from various means, Xmas Trees, Chamber, but do not know her personally.
* BEST BUSINESS SIGN:
 DESCANSO SPA  - I do not know them.
* BEST SHOPPING CENTER:
 TUJUNGA CANYON SHOPPING CENTER  - Don't even know their names.
* BEST BUSINESS LANDSCAPING:
 STARBUCK'S SUNLAND  - I do not know them.
* BEST COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Individual:
 RICHARD STEWART  -  I know Richard from his involvement in the STNC and previously met him once about 20 years ago.
* BEST POST OFFICE:
 TUJUNGA  - I do not know them.
* BEST SCHOOL:
 VERDUGO HILLS HIGH SCHOOL  - No idea.
* BEST CAFE:
 OLD TOWNE CAFÉ - I know Chris from buying food at his store.
* BEST ENTERTAINMENT:
 STEEL PIT - I do not know them.
* BEST DELIVERY:
 UPS - I do not know them.
* BEST SUPERMARKET:
 VONS  - I do not know them.
* BEST COMMUNITY SUPPORTER:
 VOICE OF THE VILLAGE - I know the editor from placing ads and writing for them.  Never knew him before. I know Sonia from the Chamber. I don't know any of the journalism class people.
* BEST COMMUNITY GROUP:
 LITTLE LANDERS HISTORICAL SOCIETY - I know Lloyd.
* BEST RETAIL CLOTHING:
 FASHION GAL - I don't know them.

I am not the Secretary. All documentation was left with her.  I believe they were scanned or mirofiched but I do not know. You'll have to check with the Secretary.

Joe Barrett has nothing to do with anything I do. Other than STNC business at meetings, or a few contentious emails, we do not speak.

I have no idea what HIPPA means.  Seems to me the only lying going on here is coming from you and your paper.  Even your latest issue has accused people who didn't even live here of chasing off a business! 1800Autopsy was before Cindy Cleghorn, Abby didn't live here either and there was certainly no STA.

Best, Tomi




On Aug 19, 2011, at 10:39 AM,
FROM: Doc <editor@THEFOOTHILLSPAPER.COM> wrote:
TO: Tomi Lyn Bowling

> Based on the failures of the past three years, have you come up with a more viable method of voting that doesn't involve Cindy and Mark calling the shots?
>
> Just in passing, I took umbrage at your saying that "You didn't know most of the awardees." when in fact that a goodly number of them are Scientologists also.   I lived up to my part of the bargain (I dropped the charges) you didn't do what you said you'd do (advertise and write for us).  You gave in to joe b. and let the community down.
>
> And you might tell Tony, no I'm not stalking you, I just want justice for the 340 people that voted for The Foothills Paper.  And now that I think about it, when are the ballots going to be made public, or are you going to continue the HIPPA lie, or the one about them being microfiched?
>
> Doc
> Editor
>
>
> The Foothills Paper-The Paper with an attitude!

No comments: